Yep, Even We Have to Have Rules
Your perspective as a creative is valuable to society.
Your creations are important to everyone who is affected by your art.
Your collectors are deserving of your devotion to help them find and purchase art from you at your next event.
Space is limited to 50 vendors.
Visual artists may apply to participate in two different ways: as an Exhibitor or for the Juried Show
Artists participation is designed for artists who create and execute original, professional quality work.
Exhibitor Fee: $40.00
Juried Show Fee: $20.00
PARTICIPATION SELECTION PROCESS
Participants are selected on the basis of design, quality & expertise of specified art form and presentation as listed in category selection. Participation is not based on past participation. Space is limited, not all submissions will be selected.
Accepted Participants receive:
- Space/event to show/sell/promote their original art.
- Online sample of work.
- Participant packet 9/15.
- Packet includes arrival time & placement map.
- 12 x 18 booth sign.
- The Festival is open 10:00 am - 6:00 pm. Exhibitors MUST be in attendance during the day. Break down of booths is not allowed until 6:00 pm. Music will continue until 10:00 pm.
- All work displayed MUST be original & produced by the exhibiting artist.
- Only one artist may display in a booth unless the work produced is a collaboration or shared by 1 or more artists. All artists must sign application and be present during entire festival (vendors may have assistance).
- Any artwork, including photographs, that is produced by any mechanical means, i.e., giclees, ink-jet or any other reproduction technique must be labeled a “REPRODUCTION" and placed in browse bins.
- In the Digital Art/Digital Photography category, only one framed piece of each image may be hung on the walls of the booth.
- If category and image do not match, accepted artists will be placed based on images.
- All work shown must be for sale.
- Artist are responsible for handling sales, City of Columbia offers a 1 day Business License. Visit https://www.columbiasc.net/business-licensing for more information about South Carolina sales tax.
- Artists run galleries or groups may exhibit, however all work displayed must be accompanied by each exhibiting artists on site. Each artists must complete application stating group name as primary & submit image.
- Visual art part of the festival is open 10:00 am - 6:00 pm. Exhibitors MUST be in attendance during the entire day. Break down of booths is not allowed until 6:00 pm. Music will continue until 10:00 pm.
- No agents, dealers, or representatives may attend in place of the artist(s).
- Work by apprentices or employees is unacceptable. Participating artists may be required to show a Photo ID upon check-in.
- Absolutely no buy-sell or mass-produced items,
- No merchandise such as coffee cups, notecards, calendars, or other items mass produced from an original piece of artwork will be permitted, novelty/mass-produced jewelry, any item from a kit or products cast from commercial molds, live or dried plant material, painting on velvet, candles, country-pine furniture.
- Artists violating Standards, will not be permitted to exhibit.
- No retail established businesses
- All participants will have specific areas to sell creative merchandise. No one is permitted to "walk about" and solicit to attendees; Capture on the spot photos for profit, flyers promoting outside events, gigs, shows, albums to download or future activities. Those who do so will be asked to leave the festival area.
The show will be monitored for misrepresentation and we reserve the right to remove any questionable, non-approved artwork from the show. Rosewood Art & Music Festival reserves the right to remove from display any work which, in its judgment, fails to meet the conditions of this prospectus or violates the standards of acceptable public display.
RAMF JURIED ART SHOW
Rosewood Art & Music Festival will present more than $2000 in awards and prizes to artists. Juried Show will be held in a separate 10x20 tent in the fine arts section. 40+ two & three-dimensional works will be selected, open to the public. Participants must submit the image intended for Jury. A panel of judges will include industry professionals and art educators. Selected work notification dates below.
PARTICIPATION SELECTION PROCESS
Participants selected on the basis of design, quality & expertise of specified art form and presentation as determined by an independent jury of art professionals with knowledge and experience in multiple art disciplines and not necessarily on past participation.Space is limited, not all submissions will be selected. Placement Based on Art Categories.
DIGITAL IMAGE REQUIREMENTS
Submit 1 image that best describes art form for review. Images and image title should not show artists name. Digital images must be current and show artwork completed within the past two years. Digital image quality is essential and can make a difference in your acceptance. The jury has only your digital images with which to judge your work.
Artists provide their own display tables, chairs, stands, 10 X 10, white (preferred) canopied, straight leg tent. Volunteers may be available to assist popping up tents, not for setting up displays or art. Tents are on concrete, no staking of tents, canopies or panels - come prepared with the appropriate weights for all 4 tent legs (Canopy Weight Bags or plates), no milk/water jugs or concrete blocks. Participants with slant leg tents will be asked to leave. No double booth spaces will be available.
- Application deadline: by midnight August 15, 2017
- Notifications emailed: August 30, 2017
- Acceptance Fees Due by: September 1, 2017
- Notification of placement, arrival & set up times: Sept 15, 2017
The Rosewood Arts and Music Festival reserves the right to refuse any application.
Did The Rules Scare You?
We hope not! And if you read through all of them and didn't leave the page then you're ready to fill out the artist application. Just click the button to download.