Yep, Even We Have to Have Rules
Your perspective as a creative is valuable to society.
Your creations are important to everyone who is affected by your art.
Your collectors are deserving of your devotion to help them find and purchase art from you at your next event.
Professional, Amateur & Emerging artists may apply to participate in 1, 2, or all 3: Exhibitor for a booth or communal space, competitor in the Juried Show or submit poetry in the Poetry Contest.
PARTICIPATION SELECTION PROCESS
Participants are selected on the basis of design, quality & expertise of specified art form and booth presentation as listed in category selection. Participation is not based on past participation.
Space is limited, not all submissions will be selected.
Accepted Participants Receive:
Space to show/sell/promote original art
Name listed on website
Online sample of work (individual booths only)
Participant packet with complete instructions, includes arrival time & placement map
12 x 18 booth sign (individual booths only)
*NEW for 2018* COMMUNAL TENT
10x20 communal tent 4x4 or 5x3 spaces. Selected artists are able to bring a small table or small screens to show their art in this shared space. The CT is for artists who would like to show their work but may be new to festivals or not set up for an individual booth.
RAMF POP-UP GALLERY - JURIED ART SHOW
RAMF awards more than $2000 in prizes to participating artists. Pop-Up Gallery is a 10x40 canopied tent in the fine arts section. Up to 40 two & three-dimensional works are selected to be exhibited on the day of the festival. The Gallery will be open to the public from noon-6pm the day of the festival.
Visual Artists apply by completing application, including high resolution image of intended work of art for exhibition. Maximum size 22x28 of art. Works selected for exhibition will receive drop-off & pick-up notification. Judging is on day of festival, only selected works will be available to win prizes. Awards are announced by 5pm on the day of the festival. Winners must be present to win. Review Important Dates Below.
Submit up to 3 Poems in one pdf or jpg document, no more than 6 pages total. Font standard: Times New Roman, 12pt. Do not submit work which has previously been published. Authors name must NOT appear on Poems. Title of each poem should be listed application. Judging is on day of festival, only selected works will be available to win prizes.
DIGITAL IMAGE REQUIREMENTS
Submit image that best describes art form for review. Images and image title should not show artists name. Digital images must be current and show artwork completed within the past two years. Digital image quality is essential and can make a difference in your acceptance.
Artists provide their own display tables, chairs, stands, 10 X 10, white (preferred) canopied, straight leg tent. Volunteers may be available to assist popping up tents, not for setting up displays or art. Tents are on concrete, no staking, canopies or panels. Appropriate weights for all 4 tent legs Canopy Sand Weight Bags or plates only. NO milk/water jugs or concrete blocks. NO SLANT LEG TENTS. Participants with slant leg tents will be asked to leave.
The Festival is open 11 am - 7:00 pm. Exhibitors MUST be in attendance during the day. Break down of booths is not allowed until 7:00 pm.
- Art must be original & produced by the exhibiting artist.
- All participants must sign the application and be present during entire festival.
- Any artwork, including photographs, that is produced by any mechanical means, i.e. giclée’s, ink-jet or any other reproduction technique must be labeled or have a sign specifying the image is a “REPRODUCTION" and placed in browse bins.
- In the Digital Art/Digital Photography category, only one framed piece of each image may be hung on the walls of the booth.
- If category and image do not match, accepted artists will be placed based on submitted image.
- All work shown must be for sale.
- Artist are responsible for handling sales; City of Columbia offers a 1-day Business License. Visit https://www.columbiasc.net/business-licensing for more information about South Carolina sales tax.
- Artists run galleries or groups may exhibit, however all work displayed must be accompanied by each exhibiting artist on site. Artists must complete application stating group name as primary, submit image, including all participating artists.
- No agents, dealers, or representatives may attend in place of the artist(s).
- Work by apprentices or employees is unacceptable. Participating artists may be required to show a Photo ID upon check-in.
- Absolutely no buy-sell or mass-produced items,
- No merchandise such as coffee cups, notecards, calendars, or other items mass produced from an original piece of artwork will be permitted, novelty/mass-produced jewelry, any item from a kit or products cast from commercial molds, live or dried plant material, painting on velvet, candles, country-pine furniture.
- Artists violating Standards, will not be permitted to exhibit.
- No commercial retail established businesses
- All participants will have specific areas to sell creative merchandise. No one is permitted to "walk about" and solicit to attendees; Capture on the spot photos for profit, flyers promoting outside events, gigs, shows, albums to download or future activities. Those who do so will be asked to leave the festival grounds.
- Application deadline: by midnight August 1
- Notifications emailed: August 20
- Acceptance Fees Due by: August 30
- Notification of placement, arrival & set up times: Sept 10
- Day of Festival: September 29
ACCEPTED PARTICIPANT FEES
- Exhibitor: $45.00
- Communal Tent: $25.00
- Pop-up gallery/Juried Show: $25.00
- Poetry Contest: $10.00
Did The Rules Scare You?
We hope not! And if you read through all of them and didn't leave the page then you're ready to fill out the artist application. Just click the button to download.